The Gas Safety Awareness Training Course is designed for Managers, Surveyors, Site Supervisors & Call Centre Staff who deal with gas engineers or have a duty and responsibility for operatives carrying out work on gas systems but do not hold a Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1) qualification.
There are no entry requirements or pre-course reading as this is an awareness course, valuable to any staff members or site supervisors who come into contact with the gas industry and or gas engineers.
• Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations, including history, definitions, use.
• 2nd tier technical and regulatory documents that affect the industry
• Gas Awareness Properties Of Gas & Combustion
• Nationally Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS), including defining competence and applying ACS to job roles
• Basic Boiler Types, Principles and Fluing, including unsafe installations and recognition
• Gas Safe overview
• Carbon Monoxide including risks, symptoms and actions
• Co Detectors Types & Locations
• Emergency Actions and Procedures / Safe Isolation
• Meter Installations & Labelling
The course would require a minimum of three attendees