This course is ideal for candidates who want to gain knowledge of installation, commissioning and servicing of unvented hot water systems in accordance with current legislation.
• Relevant aspects of the Water Regulations, Building Regulations, British Standards and other related legislation.
• Unsafe situations and emergency actions.
• Pipework (including sizing, installation, defects and faults).
• Testing (covers standing and working pressures, flow rates).
• Safety controls.
• Installation requirements.
• Commissioning and servicing.
New boilers and system upgrades should be installed by a competent person registered with a building regulations scheme operator, such as NICEIC, or signed off by the Building Control department of the Local Authority.
• Part L of the Building Regulations
• Boiler sizing - whole house method
• The importance of SEDBUK ratings
• Principles of gas condensing boilers
• Hot water cylinder replacements
• Environmental consequences
Note: The NICEIC Certification Energy Efficiency Award for Domestic Heating Installers is equivalent to the City & Guilds 6084 Energy Efficiency qualification.